We welcome everyone to this Bahá’í event. Before you register, we ask you to carefully read and understand this participants’ agreement. Abiding by these principles will contribute to a loving and spiritually uplifting environment for all to enjoy.
- Our deeds, our words and our thoughts should be guided by these teachings of Bahá’u’lláh.
- The betterment of the world can be accomplished through pure and goodly deeds, through commendable and seemly conduct.
- A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men.
- Let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path.
- To ensure the safety of all, it is important:
- To register immediately on arrival
- To ensure that any children/young people in your care attend their assigned course or activities and that you are responsible for them at all other times.
- To ensure the comfort of all, it is important to observe all rules required by the host venue, such as those regarding smoking, noise and curfew.
- There is of course no place for alcohol or illegal drugs at a Bahá’í event. It is important to us that we create an environment that is free from them. We take this responsibility very seriously, and we ask everyone to be vigilant to ensure that we can achieve this. Any concerns you have need to be shared in confidence with the events’ organizing team.
Before registering, please make sure that everyone in your party is happy to abide by this agreement as part of their contribution to the spirit of the event.
Please also note that by registering, you are giving consent to the use of your image in official photographs, unless you indicate otherwise.
If you are making a group booking for an event, please ensure that everyone in the group knows about and accepts this participants’ agreement.
If you are registering anyone under the age of 18, the National Spiritual Assembly’s safeguarding procedures need to be in place. For example each person under the age of 18 needs an assigned guardian present at the event, and any required medical information and permission forms must be completed. The exact arrangements depend on the type of event, and the organisers will make clear what is required. As the person making the booking, you need to ensure that all the necessary arrangements are made.
The more we make others happy the greater will be our own happiness and the deeper our sense of having served humanity. (Shoghi Effendi)